Wolfstar Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs That Remind Me of Sirius/Remus

2 posters

Go down

Songs That Remind Me of Sirius/Remus Empty Songs That Remind Me of Sirius/Remus

Post by Lejic Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Because I can't help myself...

I mean let's get real I twist almost ANY song to fit some sort of S/R scenario, but here are a couple off the top of my head:

Post-Veil because yes, I dream of a world where both pups survive. BUT gasp and shock, Remus/Tonks happens anyway:

And now a happier one, Sirius going to "lay low at Lupin's", maybe? Or other type of post-Azkaban-Sirius-going-to-Remus':

Lejic

Back to top Go down

Songs That Remind Me of Sirius/Remus Empty Re: Songs That Remind Me of Sirius/Remus

Post by NachoDiablo Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:12 pm

It seems that the fandom isn't that familiar with hip hop and r&b, which is a shame since it has been heavily influencing popular music for the past seventy years or so (at least here in the US) so I'm going to take a minute and shout-out some love for Frank Ocean.

Frank is an openly bisexual man who sings haunting songs with beautiful lyrics, primarily reflections on past relationships and lost loves. Perfect for Wolfstar, no? He hasn't responded to our inquiries as to whether or not he ships the pairing, but I feel like he has to, because he has written two perfect songs for Sirius and Remus' feels during their 12 years apart.

Remus' Song:
Pink + White (Lyrics) (Music)

Frank's Thoughts:
He's reliving a happy memory with an old lover, specifically a sexual tryst while they were high on cocaine. As the song progresses, the happy, easy feeling gives way to blurred, unsure emotions, as it becomes harder for to tell what was real and what was merely the effect of the drug.

Remus' Thoughts:
I can see Remus thinking back to his times with Sirius, with the Marauders, happy memories that make him smile. But then he starts to wonder, when did it happen? When did Sirius start to change? Or had it been a lie the whole time? Which of his memories are of a genuine Sirius, and which are of Sirius putting up a facade to hide his impending betrayal? Which memories are truly happy, and which ones are clouded with nostalgia and wishful thinking? In the end, it doesn't matter, really. As the song says, it's all downhill from here.

Sirius' Song:
Thinkin Bout You (Lyrics) (Music)

Frank's Thoughts:
Frank allegedly wrote this song about the first man he ever fell in love with, as seen from the Wizard of Oz imagery (gay) and the references to first time, new feel, etc. Frank is thinking back to how it went wrong, specifically how his behavior affected the demise of the relationship. Still, though it seems that the couple hasn't been together for quite some time, there's a sense of displaced hope that one day, their paths may cross again.

Sirius' Thoughts:
I picture Sirius sitting alone in Azkaban, thinking back on his relationship with Remus. Thinking about all the ways he could have made his feelings more clear, all the ways he could have eased Remus' self doubts (there's no way he didn't have them, even back then), all the ways he could have tried harder to stay connected instead of letting his suspicions take over. He realizes that although Remus most likely sees their relationship as over by this point, he's never going to be able to let go, not completely. He still holds out hope that one day, in the future, they might reunite. It's a sad, weak, slightly delusional flicker of hope, but he won't let it go. Ever.
NachoDiablo
NachoDiablo

Back to top Go down

Songs That Remind Me of Sirius/Remus Empty Re: Songs That Remind Me of Sirius/Remus

Post by Lejic Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Oooh I like the details you've put in! Surprised

Too bad Frank never replied to that one message I sent him as a complete stranger on Tumblr. Sad I was curious!

Lejic

Back to top Go down

Post by NachoDiablo Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:18 am

Maybe we should send him some fanfic recs. Wink
NachoDiablo
NachoDiablo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down